View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #31
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
Yep dead cool, love it !
Around 25 years ago I drove an electric van whilst working for the Post office. I delivered parcels on the outskirts of town. It looked like a standard CF Bedford, but had a leccie motor and 1 and 1/2 tons of batteries under the cargo floor. It had a good range of 25 to 50 miles, entirely dependant on how fast you drove! If you just tootled gently around the side streets, 50 miles was easy, but if you floored it on the main road, you could almost watch the charge needle drop. I scared the life out of a sports car driver one day, we were on a twisty downwards hill, and I saw him look in his rearview mirror, and floor it, I guess he thought he would leave the rattly old PO van behind. But as well as the great acceleration the van had, with the batteries under the floor, it hugged the road like a Fi car, (oops, sorry, indycar to you guys ), the sports car driver couldn't believe his eyes at the bottom of the hill, when he saw me almost in his boot, (TRUNK!), I saw him look back up to his mirror, and he nearly drove off the road in shock
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack, great bike, I guess battery technology is the main bugbear with electric vehicles at the moment ?
I'm surprised he didn't blow his bonnet (HOOD!).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote