View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM   #89
g21-30
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009 and ZX-12R 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
sam, thanks for the info... but as it is now.... stock with only the snorkel removed, i did the diy shimming of the needles using 2 washers.

if i don't win the ap exhaust (although i wil. power of positive thinking , would i notice any difference if i used the dynojet needles putting the clip on the 3rd slot? or would it basically be the same as what i have right now? this is assuming that i don't change the jets and all i did was that needle mod. thanks.
Gary, I can't speak to the shimming of the stock needles, as all I did was install the dynojet needles and pull the snorkel. If you have the same kit that I have, the instructions say the kit is fine with or without the after market exhaust!

I'm not changing the exhaust on mine, as it runs great as is. I bought this bike to improve my riding skills and be safe. It is fast enough for me. With the extended warranty, if I need to place a claim, I only have to pop the OEM needles back in, reinstall the snorkel, and recap the carb mixture screws.

Kelly (kkim) has a lot more knowledge/experience with the needle shimming and can probably answer your questions.
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote