View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #12
Archerzz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord View Post
I don't get the question. Some guy on a cruiser who shares his bike with his dad makes fun of you for owning your own bike? Or are you saying that he and his dad own matching bikes? Really, I don't know what would be worse.

Anyway, I haven't had anyone make fun of me for owning a 250, especially when they've seen my bike. I've heard people make fun of 250s in general but that's because they're ignorant and don't ride (or ride cruisers). A 250 cruiser would be pretty doggy and slow. A 250 sport bike will out handle any size cruiser and have acceleration in line with a 750 or so. So when I hear people who rider cruisers talk crap about 250s I figure they're speaking from their limited understanding of what a motorcycle is capable of.

As for your friend, he seems to need some reason why he is better than you. In reality there is nothing you, me, or anyone else can own that would make us better than anyone else. So either he's joking, or your buddy is just a prick.
He liked my bike and said I got a great deal it was his dad who seemed to believe that the 250 sportbike would be as clunky and slow as a 250 cruiser.
Archerzz is offline   Reply With Quote