Old June 3rd, 2011, 11:16 AM   #145
Lowspeed Lowside
Tightwad Tinker

Name: Hans

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowspeed Lowside View Post
[...]gutted 1927 Ford, which is for sale. The owner[...]
[...]is a 69-year-old tool-maker and auto-nut with 55+ years of experience, which - unbeknownst to me when I started this thread - includes turbocharging a Honda CB750 approximately 35 years ago, although all he remembers about the experience was being "scared sh*tless". Every cubic foot of his 3-bedroom house resembles Racer X's entire shop crammed into a Folger's coffee container, hence the commandeering of half my garage. He thinks eight weekends are more than sufficient for any motivated individual to do the job, provided that all the necessary materials and tools for the final assembly are on location. As the set time-frames aren't in dispute, I don't think any of this is pertinent, but if expert X says Y is the only form of reasoning that the trolls understand maybe that piece of information helps to keep this thread more focused on R&D.

That said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
fuel the bike with moonshine
A simple rule of thumb for this is to keep the first 50 mL (reflux still) you collect (per 20 L mash used), or 100-200 mL from a pot still, and use it as a substitute for race gas.
Original text here: http://homedistiller.org/methanol.htm
Lowspeed Lowside is offline   Reply With Quote