View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #32
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockshi3 View Post
And doh to that link saying during break in period shouldn't hit 11k lol oh well
as long as you DONT keep a constant steady RPM (especially high) during the break in period, you should be perfectly fine. keep varying your rpm, dont be afraid to let her loose now and again, just dont hold the same rpm over a long time.

however you mentioned several times that its been highway riding, which i could only assume means that you are usually driving at a constant speed, and constantly at 10~11k rpm on a bike with just 150 miles isnt doing it much good.

at least THATS what ive read, and after reading all the details as to why a certain way to drive during break in affects the bike differently compared to another way, well it made sense, lol

if i sorta remember correctly, it has to do with the way that the piston rings are still fitting themselves to the bore, and if you keep a constant high rpm, it gets too hot, and that can damage the rings or the sleeve since they have not matched up perfectly yet. after 1k miles or so, u can ride how u want

anyhow, sry if this is kinda off topic, but i thought you might like to know just before you keep doing looooong constant high rpm highway rides, hehe...

W.