-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Which injection system is that?
I'm using the Microsquirt ECU in a system of my own creation:

....includes:
2008 European-Spec EX-250 throttle body and injectors
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650 Throttle cables (pull and return)
Bowling & Grippo MicroSquirt EFI controller (ECU, fully user-programable)
Suzuki LT-R450 Quadracer fuel pump along with an LT-R450 fuel pressure regulator (42 PSI system pressure)
Area P 2-into-1 full exhaust system with "long quiet" stainless steel muffler
Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Wideband Oxygen Sensor controller with Bosch 5-wire wideband sensor and standalone guage
1992 Honda Accord fuel filter
General Motors Corporation Intake-Air and Coolant temperature sensors
Motorola MPX4250A Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor
Nissan Altima EGR solinoid, used for "Fast Idle" cold-start air circuit
K&N R-0990 air Filter
and... miles and miles of new wiring.

Quote:
His is full dual channel, so, has two O2 sensors
I don't know what you mean by "full dual channel."

In my experience the only reason you would have more than one O2 sensor is if you have a split exhaust system, which is the nature of the EX-250's system. A split exhaust system is not a feature when you're installing a FI system, its a problem. That's why I removed the original 1-into-1 EX-250 exhaust and replaced it with the Area P 2-into-1 system.

Some older V8 engines have a similar situation to the EX-250, they have completely separate exhaust systems for each bank of 4 cylinders. I don't know of any aftermarket/do-it-yourself or plug-and-play fuel injection systems that are set up to monitor more than one O2 sensor input at a time.

So guys working on vehicles with these split systems will install (weld in) two O2 sensor bungs (one on each exhaust system) and then while they're tuning the system they keep switching the O2 sensor back and forth from one exhaust system to the other, using a "blank" bung plug in currently unused exhaust system.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote