View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #74
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Name: Mo

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Green/Black/White Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
I'm going to eventually replace it, but I figure Im still a noob and may just damage it again (knowing me) as soon as it's replaced. I looked at your comments about aftermarket fairings, because I was thinking of doing that instead of OEM, but since I read that they don't quite fit properly, I'm not sure. If I see someone selling the OEM parts for cheap, I'll jump on it.

I actually wrote a post on my website about sliders. I didn't want to, but I'm going to go with Shogun. It's either that or Lightech. They're just the safest it seems, though I was speaking to a guy who owns a motorsports store and he mentioned something completely different than what anyone else ever said - he said the ones you drill a hole into the fairing are actually the safest. Less stress points, bolts straight to the engine.. it's food for thought. I haven't bought any of those things yet because I'm totally broke. But the list of mods I want to do to my bike is long and heavy. We should compare, you might give me some ideas of what to do to my girl just like I popped the mirror signal idea to you
Yeah I heard that about the other styles of sliders being better for the bike at higher speeds, but at low speeds, the Shogun kit should be fine. If I put it down at a high speed, I'm expecting damage. I just didn't want to risk damage to the fairings if I dropped it again at a stop. For my purpose, I'm happy with the Shogun kit. I really didn't want to cut the fairings.

I am glad I went with the aftermarket fairings now. Everything turned out great. No one even knows I dropped it at all. But it would have been easier to do the OEM. No doubt.

I haven't got any super fancy mod ideas yet, but I definitely have a list too.