View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #250
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

OK - another data point. I will not go so far as say the problem has been completely solved, but here goes. I just put on a brand-new set of Pirelli Sport Demons, replacing a very worn pair. The front was completely toast, with a V profile and nothing left on either side in terms of tread, though there was still a little left right in the middle. The rear was a little different, a bit flatspotted in the center, but still worn on the sides as well. The bike would have the decel wobble at almost any speed. Whether it was 60 mph or 30 mph, if I released pressure on the bar, it would start to wobble at an ever increasing amplitude until I grabbed the bar again. It was actually pretty bad toward the end.

I put on the new tires yesterday, the exact same model on both ends. But on today's ride, there was *zero* wobble. It didn't happen decelerating through 45 mph. It didn't happen at any other speed. I took my hands off the bars and coasted down a very large hill nearby, from 60 mph all the way down to just a few mph, and it was stable the whole way down. I'm a happy camper, and will be looking out for when it starts to reappear again on this set of tires.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote