View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #88
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

I think some of you are forgetting that the Ninja 250 is basically a loss leader. The factory makes very little on one and counts on you buying a bigger bike later that has a wider profit margin. I don't think they are going to do a whole lot more than they already have.

Also, the trend in newgens, regardless of manufacturer, is to increase the bells and whistles, but decrease the performance. If they keep going the way they have, pretty soon Chinese scooters will be passing us on the freeway.

The newgen Ninja 250 is about 2 seconds slower than the pregen in a 0-60 run. It also lacks a temp gauge and a center stand. The pregen lacks a fuel gauge and has a mechanical speedometer whereas I'm pretty sure the newgen is digital with an analog display.

The Honda CBR 250R is a retarded version of the original CBR 250. That's what the "R" stands for. The latter had 4 cylinders and performance comparable to the Ninja 250. The new one can't get past 80 mph. I think EFI is great, but not if it costs performance.

So my prediction is that the 2012 Ninja 250 (if the factory actually makes them this year) will be identical in every way to the 2010 model except for color and maybe price. But having said that, I hope I'm wrong.
n4mwd is offline   Reply With Quote