View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #19
jeffwessel
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom View Post
look at the bottom/side of your kickstand mount. i bet its got rash on it from hitting the ground... thats probably why you crashed.

before you were finding your limit by dragging pegs. once you moved them, your new limit is the kickstand mount... which is way more dangerous since its solid.
Yea that was what I was thinking. The bottom of the kickstand is really grinded off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcbride11 View Post
That looks pretty similar to the level of damage I had from a simple lowside (though the tank damage is very odd - I didn't have anything at all like that). Mine cost about $1000 to repair (fairings, levers, mirror and turn signal) - just based off the pictures I'd put yours at 1.5-2k... which means they should repair it, not total it.

Having the clipons and rearset may significantly lower the bill, though - that's a good thing.

How fast were you moving?

The tank damage happened because when the bike slid off of the road, it slid into a big rock formation. I started pricing the pieces damaged and it comes to around $1,400. So that sounds like a fairly good guess. To be honest I am not sure exactly how fast I was going. I would say around 40 mph.
jeffwessel is offline   Reply With Quote