View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #276
lavid2002
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): None yet

How old is this thread?

For those of you who have been on the forums long enough to have seen this prior I figured I would post an update. My mom and I worked things out, I picked this up a few days ago.

I paid a friend of mine 100$ to borrow his street legal 225cc yamaha. I rode it for a week and put 1,000 miles on it! After that I decided I wanted something a bit bigger so I could ride on the highway. On the ride back to the guys house I even blew a spoke into the tube and got a flat going 70mph!
I saved up enough to get my own. The bike has 4,100 miles on it, and has been laid down once before. It wouldn't start so I got it cheap. The owner thought it needed a starter so I got it for 1,300! I work on cars, so how hard could motorcycles be? After fiddling with it for a few minutes I bypassed the clutch slider sensor and it started right up! Runs like a champ! I took it for a short ride before I pulled it apart. I also got new handlebars for it (The old ones were bent) throttle drum, clutch adjuster, chain lube, and a few other goodies.

I bought a helmet, jacket, and gloves online yesterday.

I had a lot of people give me advice here, and I updated it with my WRX. I figured people who stayed with it would get a kick out of this.

Thanks guys

-Dave