Old March 9th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #14
jonb08
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
lol yes the kill switch was off

and SUCCESS! Thanks for the help guys. It most definitely was the bowls for me as well - though my overdue spark plug change may have contributed as well . The reason I think it didn't work yesterday was because my battery was drained through all my cranks. Left her on the tender overnight and the second try today with full choke had her up and running

It is running a little rougher than usual when she's warming up, but nothing a nice can of seafoam won't fix (i love that stuff)

I blame stabil and the fact that I didn't drain the bowls in December... but I thought running the bike with stabil for a couple minutes was supposed to negate that

ah well. All's well again. My 06 is up and running and the 09 I just picked up today is sitting right beside her

Thanks again! And as rynownd discovered as well, I think we can say that if your bike ain't running after a winter spell, check your bowls! Old and new gens!
So wait.... Your starter cranks even with the kill switch off (or on, however you look at it)... I have an 07' and if the switch is off, it won't crank.... strange
jonb08 is offline   Reply With Quote