View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #18
djpharoah
\m/

Name: Mesh

Motorcycle(s): CBR600F3 Smokin Joes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verus Cidere View Post
So Jon, how loud would you say the two bros set is? Harley? Annoying, rice-burning, crappy-exhaust sporting civic? Something you can hear a few miles away or several? I'm trying to get an idea 'cause I really wanna get a set. I'm considering getting the silencers for it too, but I don't know much about them. Can you get them for that model?
I'd say they were not Harley loud but definitely close to a Harley at idle. Then it just got exponentially worse to the point of being an obnoxious two stroking sound.

You can definitely wake up the neighbors like I have at 6am with them. As for the silencers don't waste your time/$. They are small little tips that claim to reduce the output level by 2-3dB which honestly isn't even noticable compared to stock.

The Two Bros M6 (ninja250 pipes) are actually pipes meant for off road two stroke dirt bikes so they have zero noise baffling or insulation. It is pretty much a straight pipe with like 15% increase in diameter.

Looks nice but dunno for me I got pulled over 3 times by cops cuz as you ride you are just way too loud (again for me). I never took my ninja past 5k with them cuz even with ear plugs it was just hella loud.

Stock pipes have given my ninja life again. There was a time when I didn't want to ride the ninja cuz of the pipes and the headaches they would give me.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote