View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2011, 07:01 PM   #1
ctruzzi
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250r 09

250R Friction Zone Problem when not using throttle

Hi,
I have been having a problem with my Kawasaki Ninja 250r with 52 miles on it (been in garage for past 9 months because of the cold: live in Seattle). The problem I am having is after I heat up the bike and have the RPM's resting around 1500 when I try and have the bike move just while in the friction zone it dies. I had originally thought it could be a problem of not heated up enough (however I know that isn't it) and then my second thought was that I wasn't in-tune with where the friction zone is, however I am letting out the clutch very softly it will drop down to about 700RPMs, when I get the clutch to the throttle zone the engine changes sounds (which was what I was use to while taking the class) however the bike doesn't move at all. At this point I can always rev the throttle and let out the clutch the rest of the way and move in first gear but I cannot move while in the Friction Zone. If anyone might know what might be the problem I would love to hear. I am always willing to answer any questions you may have.
ctruzzi is offline   Reply With Quote