View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #30
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx250 View Post
How much do you weigh
How tall are you
How do you shift

The most important part is the 3rd question, because I'm a lot closer to 300 with my gear on, and I have NO problems passing, even at extra legal speeds. Most of the people who I've discussed this issue with do not run the bike up to redline, or even near redline. That's called short shifting (sounds like you have a manual car so you probably know that). You can easily top the bike out at 60 doing that.
How much do you weigh: 200
How tall are you: 6'2
How do you shift: Like a pro XD

The times I have trouble passing are on the freeway at 70+ Its easy to pass on slower roads. When I'm on the freeway going 70 my RPM's in 6th are at about 9-10k. I'm not sure I can down shift to 5th at that speed in order to pass. I haven't checked what my RPM's are in 5th at that speed but I'd imagine its about 12k.

When I am maintaining a constant speed (whether its 35 or 70) I am usually in 6th and if I need to accelerate I will downshift. So it's not that I am in 6th at 35 and saying this bike has no power to pass wahhh It's that at 70+ there is not alot of acceleration. I am hoping to help this problem with a rejet and new full exhaust in the near future.

As for my car, its an automatic sport sedan and in second gear I redline at 6500rpm @ 90mph. I know this from using the pseudo-manual 1st and 2nd modes.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote