View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #10
ungluck
sleeper

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '10 690 duke

i love some of the responses.

no exhaust is gonna last forever. This happens all the time, this is not a bash on AreaP at all...but contamination happens, TIG welding 304 stainless is not insanely hard, but to mass produce an exhaust you have to have consistent materials, conistent welding and a consistently very clean welding room/area,etc.

so over all, this happens, anyone of those issues with a handful of others could've caused it. it happens, no one is to blame.

i hand TIG'd my entire exhaust, my air to water intercooler, my old intake manifold and all of my intercooling piping.

3 years, incredible egt's, weather, abuse, crappy roads and still goin strong..except my old intake manifold.

due to a dirty last second welding change, a bad design, and lack of penetration..my manifold couldn't hold 21+psi...it kept popping(blowing open at the welds)

my intercooler,exhaust and piping have seen 30psi...no issues...so one of those little variables can change the outcome.

not sure this helped, but i hope so. Kbryant will help you, these things happen.