View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #29
saber63
ninjette.org member

Name: F

Motorcycle(s): '90 250 project, '03 250r, '14 STR,12 STR, '01 R6

I'll chime in. I started out on 600cc bikes, and moved down to the 250 when I got one for my fiancee... i rode it more then she has...

The super sport bikes are not as comfy, but they are pretty dang close to a purpose built race machine. You're giving up creature comforts like upright riding position, being able to be sloppy in shifts and throttle etc... For feeling like you are one with the bike and the road in a way a ninja 250 cant give with out a lot of work done to it!

Of course there are less sporty bikes then the ninja250, and there is a lot of gray in between all of it.

Its really a balance of , power, comfort, handling, and cost. and its all different to every person.

The supersports can give something on the street, it can be hard pushing(knee dragging wheelies stopies etc...). Or it can simply be that feeling that riding a race derived bike gives.

In my case its so I can go out, ride a decent pace on the street, and know that im not pushing the bike anywhere near its limits. Just in case something comes up I was not expecting! deer in the road, fallen tree, car in my lane. Having a bike that can lean further, stop or accel a bit faster, may just save my bacon when I find something I didn't want to.

In the end its all opinion.

-Levi

p.s. I tend to have more fun on the little ninja, but I also tend to run higher corner speeds/lean angles... leaving less lean angle and grip for the unexpected...
saber63 is offline   Reply With Quote