View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #83
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
I just went to snopes and found the one you were talking about. It says it was just like I said, illegal left turn.

Here is one that looks like an illegal lane change by a truck. (Sick photo warning). Of course they spin it like its all the bikers fault when he's not around anymore to defend himself. Simply put, a biker isn't going to ride into the back of a truck unless the truck makes a sudden illegal lane change.
The bike could have swerved to avoid something else just the same. At over 120MPH, it could have been the longest most gradual lane change ever and the motorcyclist still may not have had enough time to react.

Now, as for the Honda inside the VW, it does NOT say that it was an illegal left-hand turn. The bike was more than a football-field's distance away at 155MPH when the car made it's turn and the biker is 100% at fault for it's illegal rate of speed. If you say otherwise, then ANY left-hand turn would be illegal because someone could be traveling Mach 3 from beyond the left hand horizon or something.

I'm all for defending my fellow bikers, but please don't make excuses for those that give us a bad name.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote