View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #43
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

I'm starting a new stable next year. 50cc scooters, gussied up they'll even stay with the main road traffic, and the storage is a dream come true, no more bungee cords with stuff hanging off sideways and being crushed when I get home. I'm not talking Aprilia Di Tech factories, just proven engines in Chinese, Thai or Korean plastic. My wife is finally into two wheels because of it as well. Not that I think that is necessarily a good thing but it makes her feel better and excited, that's what counts. As far as original post, I'd get a standard for commuting, not a race bike. 650R and SV650 were both mentioned and are great machines. Sit up, soft seat, plenty of all range power. Every time I see anything about half and full litre in-line fours it's about the bike doing everything for you, that's racing sh*t to me. And I see FI alot as well, give me carbs anyday on a small bike, (I'll outperform you as well with them). Peace out, luck with choices made, and don't think "you can keep it for a year or two and sell it for the same price."
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote