Old July 12th, 2011, 07:55 AM   #52
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
I hate to say it, but Supersports (the Kawasaki kind) are better than the 250 Ninjette in most ways except gas mileage. This includes both safety (at the same speeds) and performance. That said, its a lot easier to ride beyond your skill level on a supersport which may negate its otherwise safer nature. The 250 also doesn't like passengers that well.

In my case, I love my 250 and it does everything I want it to and I plan to ride it until its no longer rideable. At that time, I would seriously consider a ZX-10R.

Another bad thing about the supersports is that they are a bigger target for thieves.
safety? how is a super sport safer? a honda or triumph or maybe a bmw sure... when you've got traction control and abs and so many fancy technical features it makes you want to cry... i could see that being very useful, but many 600 SS bikes (zx6, r6, gsxr6) don't have abs or traction control or wheelie control until you get into litre bikes? i think this is a manufacturer specific thing for example honda and bmw provide abs on most of their bikes... please correct me if i'm wrong but without those features i would think SSs would be highly unsafe compared to a 250 which is much harder to get away from you... also you forgot about a few things the ninjette has that supersports don't... comfort... ease of use... GREAT resale value... hell people are selling these 250s for more than they paid for them in some cases... i dont think you can get away with that with your average r6