View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #54
thurt88
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tommy

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CRF250L, 2010 ninja 250r

I have to drive 60 miles total everyday for work but its mostly highway (55-70mph) with a lot of road construction. I've commuted on my 250r as well as my 600rr. On days that the road construction isnt bad and its not over 100 degrees, I would much rather be on my CBR. In traffic with a bunch of stop and go's the little ninja is the big winner here. The CBR tends to make my hands numb and my leg starts to cramp if im going for more than a 30 min ride. While the ninja is just an all day comfortable ride. Also a big thing I want to mention, my CBR likes to run really hot if I have to sit still at a long light or the road construction is heavy. Both bikes could work well for commuters in my situation so , for me, it all depends on what mood im in on any given day. If I want to ride by the skin of my teeth and try to avoid speeding tickets, its a CBR night. If I wanna sit back and enjoy the ride (not running late for work), its a ninja night.

Here lately tho the temps have been too hot for me to ride to work so I've been using my cavalier with its air conditioner. Its funny that my cavalier gets the same mpg as my CBR.
thurt88 is offline   Reply With Quote