Thread: Bike Financing?
View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #79
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe531 View Post
Generalizing younger people, we aren't all in this category. Actually for my age (24) I probably know more about credit scores then a good majority of people. However I do agree that there are a lot of people young and old that don't understand basic finance and credit at all. I'm very much for teaching some basic finance at the high school level.
The next lesson is then that after a certain point, credit scores don't mean squat. The public emphasis on them is drawn out by the finance industry to encourage people to care so much about their credit score to actually spend additional money on credit to inflate an otherwise meaningless number.

In other words, for someone who earns a reasonable income, pays any debts on time, and manages their finances halfway intelligently, their credit score will be a-ok without them thinking a whit about it. Spending any extra money with the justification "I could pay less, but this will help my credit score", is someone who still hasn't figured things out.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote