View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #88
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlab View Post
i really don't know what all the drama is with you guys.your acting like 600's and 1000's are the tool of the devil.if you have a brain and throttle control you can ride anything.i have a gsxr 1000 and i can ride it in 6th gear at 3000 rpm and it is completely docile,but i have the safety feature of a lot of torque and power when i need it- it has great tires,suspension and brakes-it is also very light-the riding position is not bad also.i have a 1/4 turn throttle and i'm in no danger of spinning the tire and wheelying unless i want to.i'm diggin the 250,it's a blast,but almost a novelty to me.the ninja is so slow i think it could be dangerous for some riders-so grow up-if you can't control your right hand you have no business on a motorcycle-and by the way-in 15 years of racing and doing track days i have never seen a ninja 250 out perform a 600 or 1000 over a 20min.session-i don't care who is riding it -a tz250 or a rs250 no doubt,but they have twice the hp and 1/2 the weight-if you are smoking some guy on a 600 in your group,he needs to be moved to the c group-you guys need to ride a friends bike or test ride a bigger bike-you will find out for yourself it's not a big deal to move up to something more powerful-what is the real reason you are all afraid to move up?-i really,really don't get it.
Explain to us poor losers how more speed is a safety feature? This is the third or fourth time you've said that or something similar. Last time I checked, in a bad situation, 99% of the time the brakes are your best weapon. The times when you "need to accelerate out of a problem" are very very rare, and likely a result of a bad decision.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote