View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #105
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i think this kinda has to be broken into two sections... people riding a powerful bike who have proper skillsets for riding those bikes, and people who are new to motorcycles trying to ride something when they can't really handle it properly. for someone who's skilled enough to ride a bike in an aggressive situation i would say they would be better off having everything they ask for from the bike. they probably know what they're asking for, and hopefully know what that bike will give them. but when you're new to riding or have never asked for much out of a motorcycle and don't exactly know how much you need to ask for, or even how much you actually are asking for from a bike, bad things can happen quickly. to have someone who doesn't know what they're asking for be able to receive much more than they can handle leads to these bad things.

i know plenty of people who have been riding for a long time and ride larger displacement bikes, but have never ridden a bike at more than a slow "safe to them" crawl and never go more than 1/8th throttle, and really don't have very good skill when it comes to aggressive or emergency riding. likewise i know people who ride the **** out of their small displacement bikes and are very good at pulling as much as they can out of them.