View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #13
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah.uhh View Post
I've seen some pretty short ppl ride, just only put one foot down at a time (in first geat at a light, left foor down, right foot on brake. Or right foot down left putting bike into gear/neutral)
I'm not sure about 5'3 tho
+1. I'm 5'1". It's definitely doable.

My A+ #1 biggest recommendation is a pair of Daytona Ladystar GTX boots. They're spendy but they last forever (my first pair lasted 8 years and I'm on year 3 of my second pair) and are very comfortable to walk around in, too. I estimate there's about an inch of rise in the sole. Worth every single penny twice over.

I loved the Z750S but I don't think Kawasaki makes it anymore. If you can find a used one, it's probably the best stock ergonomics for a short rider of any bike I've ever ridden.

The SV650 is pretty reasonable for a shortie (even though I had the "S" model, I think the naked one might be a bit better for us hobbits because of the more standard position).

I haven't ridden a Ninja 650R but I found it pretty comfortable to sit on.

I remember feeling that the FZR is a bit top heavy (about the same as the SV650S), which made me uneasy.

The R6 was surprisingly comfortable; again, I haven't ridden one, but I was pleasantly surprised to sit on it and feel like it was relatively shorty-friendly.