View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #1
road_rascal
ninjette.org member

Name: ___

Motorcycle(s): ___

$!#@* door to door sales

How do you deal with door to door salespeople, other than the local kids for school fundraisers (which my wife and I do support)? Today I had a couple of younger people (mid 20's I guess) asking for money for care packages for our troops overseas, which is a noble cause, so I said hold on, I'll grab the checkbook. I immediately Googled the company and it's a for-profit company, but they had a pretty lousy website with no contact info - Freedom United Sales. I also saw a crime alert article from another local city about these people. I went back outside asked them for their county and city solicitors permits. Naturally they didn't have any and asked where to get them. I told them that's not my problem and to get lost as I'm calling the cops. I don't like being a d!ck but jeezus, I've had at least 5 door to door people in the last 4 months ring the doorbell even though I have a fairly big "No Solicitors" sign on the door (if you're a solicitor and there's a sign on the door it's a misdemeanor in Apple Valley if you knock or ring the bell). None of them had the required permits. With all the scams going on, who the heck does door sales anymore? I must be getting crabbier as I get older....
road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote