Thread: Staying Alive
View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #4
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Yeah I took the MSF course, and I was taught those things. My idea was partially to get ideas for scenarios rather than just general safety. I guess the fact that they call it the basic rider course, and the fact that they have an experienced rider course, made me think there was a lot more to it?

Like I said, I just don't wanna end up being scraped up off the pavement. I figured there were some things you have to live through to be ready for, or you have to hear from someone else who had. One of my MSF rider coaches was a motorcycle cop. He told a story about a time when he went through the side of a van because she didn't see him. He had lights and sirens going, in the front of a funeral procession! That, coupled with the two guys from my school makes me want to have specific things to look for, beside the general safety stuff. I guess, maybe that stuff doesn't help?

Then again, maybe I just got scared from those two accidents that happened here. I'm just trying to keep myself and Fury intact. Is it really all about those basic things? If so, what is the advanced rider course for?
Verus Cidere is offline   Reply With Quote