Old July 25th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #105
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Ja View Post
In reality, majority of motorcycling community worldwide do not have motorcycles
... what? are you refering to scooters? if so, the same still holds true. gear prevents injuries. you do not control other people's actions. i have seen PLENTY of scooter accidents. and you don't need to be going 100mph to get run over by a truck.

Quote:
Among the members of this forum, your opinion may be true, we all speed and likely have nicely paved roads that allow us to ride aggressively beyond our abilities.
again! why is there this horrible misconception that you can't get in an accident if you're driving safely? let me caps and bold it in case you have trouble seeing, or are simply grazing the text.

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN. THEY AREN'T CALLED ACCIDENTS BECAUSE YOU INTENDED FOR IT TO HAPPEN. WEARING GEAR IS A PREVENTATIVE MEASURE TAKEN TO REDUCE INJURIES IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT

Quote:
Of course, if you have never ridden your motorcycle or motorcycle travel outside of your own country, you would never know what 'motorcycling community at large' really consist of minority of riders who ride with helmet.
just because as you say the majority of riders in the world ride unprotected doesn't mean gear doesn't prevent injuries. if the majority of the world thought it was a great idea to rub dirt in their wounds, if you got a scrape, would you? if the rest of the world decided it was a great idea to stick a knife in your arm every day, would you? if the rest of the world decided it was a great idea to cut off your pinky toe, would you? if the rest of the world decided it was a great idea to put yourself in the position where you can easily be killed simply by falling... would you? why not take a simple precaution that saves an estimated 37% of people involved in fatal motorcycle crashes.
if you can't afford a helmet, how do you afford a motorcycle? or gas to put in that motorcycle?

Quote:
BTW, I see "A" answered quite a few of Alex's questions, but Alex S have failed to answer questions about his own post/accident.. what's the deal?
not only did i answer his condescending questions, his questions didn't need to be asked in the first place, because if one were to actually read what i said originally you would see the information is already there. however if one simply grazes through looking only for what they feel reinforces their own opinion, they miss important parts like ... what actually happened?

or maybe you're talking about another question?

and you're right, i misspoke and shouldn't speak for other continents where the same thing still holds true, but let me rephrase;

wearing gear benefits the motorcycling community, and the perception of motorcyclists as being safe riders. at very least on the quarter of the planet that i live in.

better?

btw, loud pipes don't protect your head from smashing against the pavement. helmets do. if you don't understand that difference perhaps you should do some more research about gear.