View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #6
toku
ninjette.org member

Name: Yuri

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by watcanido View Post
Hey toku, nice hugger man looks really nice. I'm in the process of installing mine as well just a question for you. Where did you get your galfer SS brake Lines from they look sweet. Is it made for the 250Rs or are they universal fit?
I got the brake lines from an online store called calsportbike. They took a little longer to arrive though since they were colored. They are 250 specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
yuri, looks good! so, would you recommend that kit or not? also, you live is the usa, right? do you mind my asking how much it was with shipping included. couldn't find prices on their website.
thanks!!
After everything said and done for the item, shipping and money transfer fees I ended up spending just around 300 USD. Roughly half that price was the shipping. In the end would I recommend it? I would say it honestly depends, 300 USD is a bit of steep price, initially I was a little disappointed with the fit but it can be made to work and in the end it does look very nice. If the item could be had for half the price or basically if shipping wasn't a killer from Indonesia I would definitely say it's a great way to fill the void at the back of the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeX View Post
Hahah the main thing I couldn't get past was: How the hell did you bleed your brake with the line going up like that? It'd be damn near impossible to get air out of the high point.
I have a vacuum pump type thing, I've found that it has been fairly successful at bleeding the brakes and getting the air out. The break pressure is good and the breaks are responsive, it works for me.