View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #128
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Ja View Post
I'd say Alex.S is just being himself, delusional of what actually happened in his own accident, but subconsciously wants to come clean about his own action that cause him to go down.
Nothing delusional in what he wrote. What exactly would you like him to come clean about? Were you there to witness it? If not then how can you say he is being delusional or lying? You are merely assuming you know better and acting like you are a better rider than he is by claiming you could have avoided it easily like it was nothing. You act like we as motorcyclists should have precognition to just KNOW what every cager on the road is going to do before they do it. Good luck with that, let me know from the hospital how that mentality turns out.

Quote:
If a person cut into my lane or suddenly turn in front of me without signal nor pre-warning, I'd hit them square on, if there is a wall on the other side of me. Walls don't move, don't follow traffic laws, . Put the fault at the inconsiderate driver, not my own action that cause me to go down. If the driver happens to drive a Lexus or Mercedes, I'd like to be set for life and not have to work for a living.
So you are admitting that you would have been in worse shape? Or is this just sarcasm?

Quote:
Come to think of it, I easily out corner most if not all cars from a stoplight, especially with my Ninja 250 because it is lightweight. Never would I have been waiting for cars to turn ahead of me from a stoplight. I'd pass on the outside even before the first car had a chance to slow down.
Can't get much slower then starting from a stop. Some people at lights (both straight and turns) just like to floor it from the second it goes green.

Quote:
Seems to me he took too long to get going from the light, got himself trapped in a bad situation... another word, he may not have been paying enough attention to the traffic light turning green.
So in your opinion, if you are on a bike and you don't take off like a bat out of hell the instant it goes green, you are not paying attention/taking too long? Seems a very arrogant and somewhat ignorant stance. Not everyone is trying to race from light to light.

Quote:
Riding cautiously, getting yourself out of trouble to avoiding accidents all together is more important than any gear you can put on yourself to protect you from injuries.
Not once was it said that riding cautiously and intelligently was less important than gear. That's just your assumption from all that has been said about it's better to be ATGATT no matter the ride. You can only control what you do, but not what anyone else on the road does. Considering the fact that it's been proven that 75% of motorcycle fatalities come from cars/trucks impacting bikes wouldn't it be the cautious and intelligent thing to just be prudent and wear all you gear on every ride? I think so, I know that if left to myself I won't go down. But add in all the crazy drivers out there you just never know what can happen and when. You can't predict every move of every driver. To think otherwise is suicidal.

Quote:
Fully geared-up rider doesn't necessarily project responsible rider to most people.. most of the time I consider them riders who think themselves as know-it-alls and want ride more aggressively than really need to.
So you first claim that alex.s is riding too timidly (not taking off fast enough, not paying attention) then you do a 180 and say that you view those in ATGATT as overly aggressive drivers? So which is it? Wear your gear and be an aggressive driver or not wear you gear and be a squid? Are you saying that you are a better rider because you DON'T wear ATGATT? You aren't making much sense here.