Thread: Ron Paul!
View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #95
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Percentage is the definition of relative. If the percentage changes as the amount it applies to goes up, it's a sliding scale and the very opposite of relative. It's a common misconception that they pay a lower percentage perpetuated by those with a "spread the wealth" mentality. One only has to fill out their yearly 1040EZ to see that the percentage increases as the income does.* Yes, there are numerous ways they and we can evade certain taxes, but that doesn't negate the basic fact that potential wealth is incentive to succeed. Take that and spread it around and you have a culture of "why bother" do-nothings with no economy worth taxing.

*I've never made more than 2X,000 a year in my life and yet I've bordered on certain tax brackets that make the difference between owing more or getting a refund almost every year ("Aww man! I made $32 too much No I gotta pay more than they already withheld."). Not that those paying taxes on corporate gains taxes are using the same form, but it isn't a comparable form of income either (it's mostly all still invested and imminently more likely to disappear on the market's whim). Once again, they undeniably pay far more taxes than we do as a percentage or our entire economy.
Did you mean capital gains taxes??
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote