View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2011, 09:32 PM   #26
Otter
ninjette.org member

Name: Spence

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250SE, green

Enjoyed the responses

Saw a show about "blight" in Detroit-looks like after Katrina in some parts around New Orleans. Weird.

Like I said pereviously, I carry a Glock 23 (40 cal) in my truck, between the front seats. I've never had to pull it, much less use it, and I hope I never do, but there have been several ocassions on which I felt very reassured just knowing it was there-either taking a wrong turn and finding myself in a bad part of town, when travelling, or, most often, when I have to get gas at some shadey gas/convenience store late at night so I don't run out. Seems like "gangsta" (wannabes like to hang out at those places. Personally, I don't see the appeal Wish I could figure out a place to keep it on my 'jette, like a glove box

I also have a full-sized Springfield 1911 (45). I like it, but I shoot the 40 better-besides, it's got night sights. The recoil is no worse with the 45. I've heard it described as more of a "push" than a "snap" like the 40. I don't know except it's not bad at all. It's all steel, and it's big and heavy (helps with recoil, but I can't imagine having to carry it-even in a holster!). As Jiggles said, and just about true expert on handgun self-defense would agree, caliber doesn't matter nearly as much as skill. Kind of like motorcycles-someone with skill on a 250 will usually beat a bigger bike riden by someone with less skill-AND do it more safely!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote