View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:48 PM   #11
HorizonXP
ninjette.org member

Name: X

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250 SE Lime Green/Diablo Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducducgooseit View Post
Is it the sound or the vibration that puts you off the high revs? If you go for twistys, you will still spend a lot of time at high rpm so the sound and vibration will still be present. The Area-P exhaust and re-jet would compliment a gearing change since most have reported some modest hp gain and improved throttle response. Hp and response would help smooth out gearing change weaknesses. A different seat, or padding changes might isolate you from bike buzz. Weighted handlebars might take away some vibration. If you go to solid rear set pegs you will pick more vibration in your feet through the pegs than the stock pegs.

, just some of my thoughts.
Sound is usually drowned out by wind, earplugs or headphones. That's not an issue.

I feel the vibration in my hands and feet, making cruises uncomfortable. Unfortunately, the nature of Ontario means that I need to do highway riding to make it out to any decent twisties. I also feel the vibration in my seat, making my butt a bit numb after my daily commute. Everything hurt REAL bad after my 1300+ km trek from Tennessee back home on the interstates in 15 hours.

Seems that everyone's suggesting to upgrade the exhaust first. Really? No one thinks that a fork or shock upgrade is a better choice? The exhaust upgrade is that much better?
HorizonXP is offline   Reply With Quote