View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM   #35
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
Did you do the filter at the same time as the snorkel and washers?
no. i did the snorkel and washers a while ago. actually, i removed the snorkel first. the bike sounded good, but ran like crap at about the 6-8k range.... sort of hesitating... once i got above that range, the bike ran ok again. a week after that, i added 2 washers and the bike ran well. among other things, i was able to start off from a stop easier. the lurching at slow speeds were greatly reduced and it seemed to have a bit more pull in the lower rev range. when i put the drop-in filter last night, the bike ran even better. it ran smoother through the entire rev range and while maintaining freeway speeds. the induction note also changed more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
Hmm I can't see just replacing the slide in filter having an affect on what the bike sounds like. Could you possibly be confusing that meaner sound with the sound produced by air induction from removing the snorkel.
Posted via Mobile Device
when i removed the snorkel a while ago, it did make the bike louder. when i changed out the air filter last night, it made it sound even better. a bit louder, but the main thing is that it changed the note.

disclaimer: i am not saying to buy it. i am just saying that i did and i am satisfied with the results. there isn't a HUGE difference, but it is definitely noticable.
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote