View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:31 AM   #44
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
The one thing is that it will not likely be sensitive to changes in speed very quickly.

The more magnets the speedo can read, the better/faster it is at changing the speed read out.

I wonder if you could hack the koso speedo to work on this gauge tho?

Water temperature- does it come with any sensors? If not, water temp isn't going to work. What does it use to trigger the oil light? isn't telling you.
Don't worry, I don't think your trying to ruin anything, thanks for the questions, you might bring up something I did not think about. keep it up.

I agree, the more magnets the more sensitive the speed will be. I dont think there is a difference between the sensor in the koso and this one. the main difference is that koso is more user friendly, it allows you to change the setting on the fly, this gauge comes set from the manufacturer. if we were able to change the setting I bet you we could add more magnets, it would just be trial and error, a lot of testing the speed/setting, it could probably be done in a couple of hours and be very accurate. I wonder if they set it to the actual processor (as in programed to it) or if its like an internal set screw.

What do you mean hack the koso gauge?

Here is the water temp diagram, as you can see the actual sensor just sets the ground. Power and ground are independent from the gauge. I think it will work.BTW this is form the ninja 250r manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
I emailed this to the guy I am talking to. we will see what he says.

I have not bought the gauge yet, I want to find out if we could adjust the speed sensor to fit any bike, that way if for some reason is inaccurate we can adjust it and get it perfect. I plan to pay for it before the week is over, it will take a few weeks to get here form china.
Hope you guys are as exited as I am.

keep the questions coming.
Attached Images
File Type: png watertempkey.PNG (18.4 KB, 406 views)
File Type: jpg waterTemp.jpg (57.0 KB, 409 views)
jonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote