Old August 24th, 2011, 07:38 AM   #148
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
to carry on this convo, from the other thread as well~

lets say if the original pressure sensor if left on the bike, and the Koso temp sensor is plugged into the oil plug adapter, how would we know that there is a problem with the oil pressure with the Koso speedometer? since the pressure sensor is not connected to the cluster in any way. unless it relays the info to the CDI, and then from the CDI it goes to the Koso speedometer?

just curious to know... since if the pressure switch actually works with the RX2 / RX2N, then i would eventually be interested to plug that back in, and put the temp sensor on the oil plug at the bottom.

ps, or maybe the cdi just shuts the bike down if it thinks that there is no pressure to avoid engine failure? in which case, i wonder why the bike would keep working after ive unplugged it...
Ha.... I can explain this....I think

The KOSO has a oil pressure warning light that displays when you turn your key to the "ON' position. This light (oil can shaped) should go off once your bike starts and oil pressure comes up to the required spec. That light is driven from the stock oil pressure sensor although I'm not sure if the signal for it comes directly from the sensor or possibly the CDI.

Now we also know the KOSO has oil and coolant temperature sensors that come with the kit. The gauge reads these sensors to display a temp on the gauge itself. However...the KOSO also has a set point for "over temp" warnings which is displayed using a flashing "WAT" or a flashing "OIL" indicator on the display. The only place I have seen this information is in the setup guide that came with the gauge (see attached).

Anyway so there are 3 sensor's involved (if you kept the stock oil pressure sensor) and 3 different visual displays for them.

1. Oil pressure warning = red oil can displayed on the dash
2. Oil temp warning = "OIL" flashes on display
3. Coolant temp warning = "WAT" flashes on display

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wiring Guide.pdf (3.31 MB, 27 views)
File Type: pdf User Manual.pdf (13.21 MB, 37 views)

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote