View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2009, 08:17 PM   #1
brian997
Master of the ZZR

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki 250 ZZR

4500km Ride Planned End of May, 6 States 5 Provinces

Hey Folks,
I'm planning a long ride for the end of May. My dates are open, so I will pretty much swing to the wishes of anyone who wants to come along.

Here is the route: (part 1)
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...,23.291016&z=6
Part 2:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...,23.291016&z=6

It was too big to plan in one go haha.
Obviously this route is not set in stone, its just a rough start. Here are some of the highlights of the trip:
Day 1: Drive from Hamilton ON (Where I live) through Buffalo NY to Utica NY.
Day 2: Drive through the Adirondacks (I know it didn't show on the map) and stop in Springfield MA
Day 3: Drive to Cape Cod and then back to Springfield MA (Same hotel, saves money)
Day 4: Drive to Portland ME (and a little past it)
Day 5: Drive through Saint John NB and stop in Moncton NB
Day 6: Drive to Halifax NS
Day 7: Drive back to Moncton NB. Sometime, either Day 5 or 7 we'll drive to Charlottetown, its about 3 hours round trip from Moncton
Day 8: Drive to Edmunston NB
Day 9: Drive to Montreal QC
Day 10: Drive Home

I have to go to Montreal as I plan on making this a fundraiser and I'll be making my donation to BADD (whoes headquarters are in Montreal)

I have avoided ALL tolls roads, and chosen the more scenic route where available. I plan on stopping every 1.5 to 2 hours for washroom breaks/gas/washroom etc.

Speed will be the flow of traffic or speed limit +10.

I'll be staying at the cheapest hotels, so hopefully that won't bother anyone who wants to come along. Here is my budget:
4500kms at 4L/100km = 180L of fuel. Avg Price should be about $0.75/L (stateside is mucho cheaper so it'll balance) so that is $135 on gas
8 Nights worth of hotel (when you factor the cost of staying twice in one hotel) at $60/night is about $500.
Food at $15/day is $150
Total is $785 for the round trip.

If you can come along for any portion of it (Even if you want to just ride to Buffalo or whatever, I encourage you to join us!!)

I'll be monitoring this thread and posting more details as I know them Let me know what you think!

-Brian
brian997 is offline   Reply With Quote