View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:34 PM   #132
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

Red face

I just added two 3mm today... took me forever to find them as Radioshack, and Lowe's & Home Depot only go as small as 4mm. Anyways what a day just to find them.. I eventually found them at Fry's Electronics (if you guys have that store in your area).

You guys are right, the carb screws are a PIA!, but after time, I was successful. After I put the tank and seat back on I was about to take it for a test run when it started raining . As another test, I decided to start it without choke, since I've heard shimming makes starting easier even without choke. It started, but the engine had some struggle to stay running, though it did stay on. Not sure if that is normal on a cold start without choke, or if it really should start up and not struggle at all. However, I'm a bit skeptical as to if I need to add another washer since the thickness of the ones I bought from the electronic store seem pretty slim. I have a FMF Apex slip-on btw. Hopefully roads are dry enough tomorrow for me to see how it performs.
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote