View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #105
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Holy crap!
I just made one of the neater things I've made in my engineering career.

I figured out how to modify my shift gauge with a transistor and a relay to fire a huge row of LED's that Kevin wanted to use as his shift light! Just like he asked for and I said I could. Probably would have never tried it without Kevin bringing the relay though, it's his fault too.

every time he shifts the windshield lights up like crazy. Also when the bike is neutral.

I fried one gauge trying to make it work and had to build another one and replace it on the spot and tried a different schematic I came up with and got it working. Just happened to have spme transistors on hand and Kevin brought the relay he found somewhere else. A little tiny one. We glued it behind the stock gauges, then cut holes for my digit and put the gear gauge in with the fuel pod.

I'm flat out amazed I was able to figure this one out.
I have videos. You guys will trip. I was! haha

I could do some amazing things to these little ninjas.
I just spent 36 hours proving it! My fingers hurt and my back is sore and I need sleep but I'll get you guys some cool media soon.

Here's some teasers! We kick ass!
I got it working excellent by the time he left!
All he needs is connectors on his wires by the/for the sprocket cover.
That's his phone mount in the way the big funny thing in the middle messing up the view.
That big row of LED's is his shift light! It's not on while he's driving though only when he shifts!

ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote