View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM   #3
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I personally wouldn't leave a gun unattended, unless it were in a proper safe, bolted to the floor. There may be times when locking it in the trunk of a car is unavoidable, but locking it on a motorcycle.... I wouldn't do that. That's just me, but I'm not here to lecture, so I'll throw some ideas at you regardles....

Prior to my county recognizing the right/necessity for self-defense, I used a locked bank bag to transport to and from the office.... this was in a backpack, but could still walk away if left on a bike.

Another idea... I keep an auto-switch and garage door opener velcroed under the meter-cover, behind the lower fairing.... there is a natural pocket there that you access by reaching down next to the triple tree. This is on a new-gen, so I don't know how different that would be for you. Perhaps if you worked out something to hold it (something magnetic, or even an attached holser... kydex will melt). Maybe you can do a variation of this by attaching a holster to the frame or inside of a fairing. However, if you did that, you would REALLY have to be careful to remove it before you start to roll. Also, make sure it won't fall out if it gets bumped, or knocked over.

That is about all I can think of, but I am interested to hear what solution you come up with.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote