Old September 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #66
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
Makes me rethink motorcycling.
Hopefully not longer than a nanosecond. In spite of airbags and seat belts, people get killed in cars all the time too.

A few years ago, down the street from me, a dirt hauling dump truck hit a pickup truck head on. The result was that the pickup driver was only scratched and the dump truck driver was killed in spite of having a 25000# advantage.

Also, in Taiwan, a cargo van driver fell asleep and crossed the line and hit a sport biker head on. The sport biker got launched over the van and came in for a landing on the other side. He was in full leathers and gear and walked away with only minor injuries. Meanwhile, the van driver had the steering wheel shoved through his heart by the impact and was killed instantly.

The bottom line is: "Sh!t Happens. When its your time, its your time."

In cases like this one, it wasn't the rider's fault, but we can use what happened to him as a learning experience to try and figure out what we could do to avoid the accident if we have a similar riding experience.

We know for a fact that the rider did something in response to the old hag being on the wrong side of the road that caused him to end up under the car. So if the old hag does that to you, what would be a plausible avenue of escape?