View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #96
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylawcc View Post
odd, the pre-gen right rearset has 5 mounting bolt - 2 to the frame, 2 for the rear brake master cylinder, and 1 to mount the rear brake light activator.
and for the spring, even though your rearset came with it, was it pretty easy to attach it to the rear brake master cylinder?
As far as I know, the extra screw is not needed because the switch mount inside the plate is still the same, for some reason the older one needed a 3rd extra bolt to the frame, it doesn't look like it connects to anything else but the foot control. As for the master cylinder, like I said it was a straight bolt on, all I had to do was regulate the push-rod a bit to connect it to the pedal.
Quote:
also, i am very curious, either you are real gutsy or tremendously lucky, how do you know those new gen parts will fit? (swing arm, rear controls, and the front wheel which you haven't tried yet)
I just bougth and tried them, no luck required just basic research skills. I figured worst case scenario I would have a bunch of parts to sell if they did not fit. I figured out they might fit after reading a lot about both bikes and looking at a lot of pictures of it, and eyeballing a lot of stuff.

Quote:
also, are you gonna use the new-gen or the pre-gen rear brake caliper?
New gen, it seems that is one of the few things that change( caliper bolt mounts are different).
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote