View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #22
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
Good find, Cody! That bike is great, though some might say I'm biased!

As far as trouble in the corners and holding a line, I'm sure it's just SR's taking over. Remember to apply the throttle evenly, smoothly, and constantly through the turn. You'll do fine. You just need to adjust to the extra power, and it's a LOT extra.
Well, I've only ridden it twice. the first time I didn't get above 40 mph (when I was test riding it). The 40 mph was by accident; it felt like I was going 15-20mph . The second time was about a 5-6 mile round trip through some twisties by my house then on a straightaway. What I did notice was that my corner entrance speed seemed roughly the same as my ninja but I was fighting with the bike to keep a good line and keep away from the double yellow. I was not racing moto gp style through the twisties either because they can be very dangerous, hidden driveways around blind corners, sand / fresh mowed grass, gravel etc. I just noticed how much more difficult it was to throw around than my ninjette. I'm sure after another 100 miles or so that I'll get used to it. It is fun to ride in a straight line but not nearly as fun as the ninja in the twisties . That actually makes me happy because I love my 250 so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusninja View Post
very nice you can pull of no fairing look because of sexy frame :P just get a darn mirror x]
I plan on ordering a set of replacement mirrors today. The front fairing has a crack but it's above the mirror attachment so I'm hoping to fix that as well. I believe it's legal in va as long as I have 1 of the mirrors though. Still, it looks funny without the right mirror, but that should change soon . And yes, the frame is definitely sexy.