View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #40
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Ok, if you watch the video a few times, you can infer from body language it was intentional.

1- The door flies open, the driver casually steps out. It's obvious he's not being attacked by something inside the car.

2- The driver gets out with his hands at his sides. In most cultures, when you do something on accident and possibly injure someone else, you instinctively try to help that person. Your hands are raised, palms up in a gesture to communicate that you are sorry and you also are expressing if there's anything you can do. Also, it conveys "peace". Hands up and palms forward would mean, "I'm sorry, please don't get mad." The drivers hands were down at his sides. He either didn't care that he hurt the biker, he was expecting a confrontation, or both. The biker probably wasn't even in the right state of mind when he went down except to make sure he ran away from on-coming traffic.
I work security and "hands at your side" is naturally the least threatening most submissive posture. Putting your hands up as described is defensive and done if you are expecting possible retaliation and expecting a confrontation (you don't have to be offensive to expect confrontation, especially if guilty of instigating it prior). They tell you this CONSTANTLY in all the training for dealing with upset, angry, and dangerous people. While I have agreed all along that it COULD be and LOOKS intentional, the "body language" does not prove anything either. The man could have been ready to jump out to grab something from his trunk and didn't know what had just happened, hence, he stands there looking confused after rushing out then tries to assess the situation. I can't understand why he would get out at all if he were attacking the biker and did not continue his attack.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote