View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #39
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
there is a heat shield above the pipe / below the seat. If the passenger decided to slide off the back and rest their buns on the hot can then yes, it would burn them . The rear seat sits 2-3 inches above the can as well so that minimizes the heat even more. I don't mind the look without the side fairings much but I feel like it would look cleaner if they were there for obvious reasons. The rear seat needs to be replaced with an oem one because 1 of the 2 po's decided that a cheap leather cover and unevenly cut foam would apparently look better than stock (whoever it was obviously wasn't smart). So far I plan on buying the following:

1) new rear seat (probably $30-$40 at most)
2) side fairings (roughly $150 each in good condition)
3) possibly a new right rearset (since the crack in the current one doesn't seem fixable) ($50-$70)
4) maybe some better looking rear fairings (looks like someone performed the worst rattle can job ever lol) (hopefully not much more than $30-$40)
5) fairing bolts if none come with the fairings I buy. (who cares about the cost; it's to little to worry about $10)

So hopefully I can keep the repair bill below or around $460
I have the following being shipped to me atm:

-slightly used right rearset $35 shipped
-used rear seat $37 shipped
-new mirrors $27 shipped

I expect the side fairings to cost the highest of all the repairs but finding one used for a decent price is hard enough; finding one the correct color, used and in good condition seems near impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
That's a nice ass deal for such a clean bike
The bike isn't as clean as the pics make it seem (up close you can notice a few imperfections but nothing really major), but I like to think it was still a great deal; thanks.