Thread: Failed heist
View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #7
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
a covered, locked bike with a chain is probably the best defense outside of a locked garage. think about the effort for that, you have to look extremely conspicuous with bolt cutters cutting a chain for upwards of 30-60 seconds before even trying to move it. people who pick up bikes put the bike in the truck in 15 seconds, get back in and are gone in 30 seconds. walk-ups take bikes where they can sit with it for awhile without being seen so they can break the lock then hotwire it or roll it away. if its chained to a well lit area they won't be able to muscle it away so they don't look suspicious, which means they can more easily get caught. if there's another bike just down the street that is in a darker area, maybe doesn't have a chain or has one but is in an alley where noones going to walk by, the theif isn't going to take the locked down high traffic one, they're going to take the one where noone is around that's easiest

i'm the president of the association for experts in criminology and psychology so you can trust me.

check.
My dad's bike was chained up and stolen. Four guys in a pickup truck got out, cut the chains, and lifted his bike into their truck. He heard the racket and looked out his apartment window and saw them lifting the bike up and yelled out "I've got your license plate number!" As the truck drove away he saw that the plates had been taken off

I guess I'm thinking of more "professional" thieves.

"i'm the president of the association for experts in criminology and psychology"

I have no idea what that is. Like at a school or something? Please explain, thats quite interesting.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote