View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #60
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Speeding works if you are smart...

Playground and school zones; NEVER, not even 1 over... they WILL get you and ticket you.
Construction zones, If you are going 1-3 over usually you'll be fine, but what's the point? Better be safe than sorry.
50km/h zones, I tend to not speed because cops will usually hang out on those types of roads.

80km/h ...usually end up doing 120 because I have an eye for cops and not just a dumb ass flying through traffic, cops do not set up radars on inter city highways (not where I live) partly because there is nowhere to setup. Only way people get pulled over is because they don't see the cops around them and they are stupid or don't see the photo radar van...which is sad and if you can't see them you shouldn't even consider speeding because it shows you can't be attentive to getting a ticket let alone speeding and safety (don't argue my point please for the sake of the thread)

On the 100/110/km/h bikes will take it over 150 and I hit 225 the other day...thing is on that freeway during late evening hours there is hardly any cars on parts of the road.
Cops will not pull bikers over for doing 130-140 because there is no point unless it's dangerous lane splitting.

Now don't think our cops don't care. They just can't do anything if you're flying down at over 200km/h.

So it all comes to show that speeding is possible to do safely and in a smart way without getting tickets. Also most people think if you are smart and safe you can always speed...no.
People who always speed, don't know how to speed.