View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #25
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

First thoughts:

This is every bit exactly the vehicle I thought it would be and wanted it to be., and then some.

I couldn't get any more happy. I don't think it's possible.

The newer bikes corner so dang well! Very flickable too for a GSXR.

The tank was perfectly comfy. The narrow rounded seat was too!
I found a great position on the bike already and started laughing hysterically.
I did not like the ZX6R seat, it was square! However I did like the ZX6R tank shape looks even though it's shaped to hit the ground and explode. GSXR comes with tank sliders stock!

The bike came stock with BT016!

The power mode button is interesting! I don't have a manual with the bike for some reason but I can see one is softer and one is more abrupt and raw power.

I got lost trying to figure out all the buttons on the handlebar for the tachometer and dash board and clock and timer and this and that and that!
I don't have the manual, again, I need to go find one.

The brakes on this thing are out of this world.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, these bikes are just plain safer than the ninja because of the amazing braking systems and suspension systems they have. I cut through the corners like I'm on solid steel rails but when I'm on the ninja I'm all over the place. The GSXR feels much more trustworthy in the corners to me for some reason. Of course, it cost three times what the ninjette does!

Always love the low position of the sS over the big giant tanks.

Power was great! This is the perfect bike for me. No need for a 1000 but always wanted a hair more than 600. Here it is! Power will never disappoint me on this bike for any reason ever.

The lights are genius. In the mirrors and off the fairings to keep them nice! The ZX6R has huge ugly lights on the side fairings! Turn off!
the integrated rear GSXR tail lights take the cake.

I have the free cowl coming soon, they ordered it.

I got 4.9% financing. (That is better than the Suzuki website will offer you)

Since I had $1000 down, I am paying $250 a month.

I did not have the $5000 down they wanted to get my payment to $189 a month.

I did get them to knock off the shipping/crate/assembly fees and I did get them to honor the free $255 tail cowl deal that ends later this month.
I also got them to accept me with only $1000 down, which took some haggling and walking out a few times. They don't normally want to let these bikes go without you putting a good chunk of equity into them.

But, I am good for it and the people who helped me get the bike know I am, as they helped me get my ninja also. I don't want to hear any crap from anyone because you are lucky I told you what I paid and what the deal was. That would be kind of you guys.
I think I did good. I basically got out the door for $1000 plus a small finance rate.

Financing was the only way I could purchase a brand new bike like this.
I fully intend to baby the bike and pay for it ASAP.
I've wanted this far too long to mess it up.

Last futzed with by ninja250; September 16th, 2011 at 12:11 AM.