Old September 16th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #137
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2013 Ninja 300

Correct Flow Rate for Original Kawasaki Fuel Injectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
I can also tell you that the injectors Kawasaki uses in the Fuel Injected EX-250 are 20lb/hr (210cc/min).

The reason I know this is that I purchased a throttlebody from a wrecked 2008 European EX-250 and used in it my 2005 EX-250 fuel injection conversion project.

Hi Gregg and Everyone,

I got a professional flow rate test done on the original kawasaki fuel injectors. I went to R/C Engineering in Southern California. The correct flow rate is 200cc hope this helps you, seen that you and I are the only ones with the original kawi throttle bodies. Also I bought some high flow injectors from R/C Enginneering 240cc and customized brackets and some grinding down on the throttle bodies to make them fit. I will be starting a new thread soon, because I bought the Ecotrons EFI kit to, but havent got it dialed in correctly yet with all my modifications, jardine ss full exhaust, R/C high flow240cc Injectors, the new ecotrons ECU with igintion controls and the Kawasaki throttles bodies with 50mm velocity stacks, and on its way from Japan a NEW Mitsubishi Twin Scroll TURBO! I have been working with Matt from Ecotrons alot! But because my modications to my bike are different from the kit tunning has been hard, and I am not very skilled when it comes to advanced tuning. I want to take it to a dyno before I put the turbo on but it is expensive and I am already spending alot. I am on the fence about the dyno right now because I want to get it running great before the turbo to show people that it is worth the money. If anyone wants to throw in some bucks on the dyno in order for people to get better feed back I am down! I just dont want to pay for two more dyno tunings, when I have already paid for two, 600 dollars. By the way, my bike before the switch from carb to EFI was 34hp at the wheels with full exhaust, velocity stacks, BRT TIS, and Factory Pro Jet kit. Factory Pro does all my dyno tuning they are the best tuning in the area of San Francisco. If anyone can help with the volumetric effiiciency and TPS load Tuning for the kit that would be great. I have a AFR ALM meter for the correct air fuel reading, but I want to make sure I am changing the data in the right way. Any feedback would help.

Thanks,

David
diwhiteii is offline   Reply With Quote