View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #46
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
"Gun=protection" is very nebulous and conditional. The situation where the gun is the clear and unambiguous protector/guarantee of your safety would be much more complex to construct. To start with you're dealing with other human beings in the imagined robbed/mugged/attacked situation.
I do agree that carrying a gun does not guarantee your safety but let me ask you this. If, in this ridiculous hypothetical probably will never ever happen situation, if you, or your family, or your friends were being attacked, would you rather have a gun or not?

Any responsible CCW holder does not leave their house expecting to be attacked and the extreme majority of them never have and never will experience a situation where they would even consider pulling out their gun. I can only speak to my own opinion (anyone else feel free to comment on this) but people carry a weapon for that what-if situation.

Part of the reason I want to carry is that I've felt the helplessness and fear of being threatened by a criminal with a weapon.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote